Koonung Bushwalking Club
A friendly group of people who love outdoor activity
We call ourselves the ‘friendly club’. We have members from all over Metropolitan Melbourne and some Regional areas near Melbourne. We keep in contact via the monthly “Walk Talk” newsletter and we conduct monthly meetings at The Pines Learning and Activity Centre, Rooms 13 and 14 at 520 Blackburn Road, Doncaster East.
Here’s a taste of what we get up to – and we’d love to have you join in
• A range of day walks that cater for all levels of fitness and abilities. These walks start within two hours drive of Melbourne and are usually held on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
• Base camps and other activities such as conservation activities and social events
• Several weekends away each year and occasional interstate and overseas trips
• Federation Walks organised by member clubs of Bushwalking Victoria
• Premiers Active April walks. We provide walk leaders for the Manningham Council Active April event
• Annual Christmas BBQ break up, themed walks (Melbourne Cup and Winter Solstice) , and theatre and dinners throughout the year where partners and family are welcome
• Beginners Walks to encourage new members to try bushwalking. Members also have the opportunity to ‘Bring a Friend for Free’.
Two Charity Walks
• Oxfam – KBC members raise money, and we attend local Oxfam walk in Manningham
• Movember – KBC members raise money and conduct an annual walks day at Lysterfield Lakes Park, offering 3 grades of walks followed by afternoon tea.