A friendly group of people who love outdoor activity
We call ourselves the ‘friendly club’. We have members from all over Metropolitan Melbourne and some Regional areas near Melbourne. We keep in contact via the “Walk Talk” newsletter and we conduct meetings at The Pines Learning and Activity Centre, Rooms 13 and 14 at 520 Blackburn Road, Doncaster East.
Here’s a taste of what we get up to – and we’d love to have you join in
• A range of day walks that cater for all levels of fitness and abilities. These walks start within two hours drive of Melbourne and are usually held on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
• Base camps and other activities such as conservation activities and social events
• Several weekends away each year and occasional interstate and overseas trips
• Federation Walks organised by member clubs of Bushwalking Victoria
• Annual Christmas BBQ break up, themed walks (Melbourne Cup and Winter Solstice) , and theatre and dinners throughout the year where partners and family are welcome
• Beginners Walks to encourage new members to try bushwalking. Members also have the opportunity to ‘Bring a Friend for Free’.
Walk Leadership, Navigation and First Aid
We conduct training for leaders in Walk Leadership, Navigation and First Aid. Regular leader meetings are held to update training, review and add to the walking calendar and to discuss issues. New and prospective leaders have opportunities to practice navigation skills in the bush with an experienced leader.