Come join us!
We’d love to see you!
Koonung Bushwalking Club
There are six great benefits to belonging to KBC!
1. You’ll discover amazing places
Some places you never knew existed. Many you’d never be able get to on your own.
You can choose from a huge variety of activities – day walks, base camps, themed walks.
We also cater to your fitness level – our bushwalks are graded from ‘easy’ through ‘medium ’ to ‘hard’ .
Plus, all our trips:
• are well organised – transport shared, published trip outlines, experienced leaders, contingency plans
• have a focus on safety – trip briefings, a few common sense rules all with trained experienced leaders
2. You’ll get fitter
There’s nothing quite like getting out in nature and stretching the body. Our walks will work wonders for your fitness – and your soul.
3. You’ll meet like-minded people
Spend a few hours or days bushwalking with someone and you might just end up friends for life.
Many of our members are. Also Base Camps are a great way to get to know people – you will quickly feel like you have always known each other!
4. You can learn from others
There’s massive outdoor experience in our Club. You’ll likely pick up some new outdoor skills, and get up to date information on great gear options and food choices.
5. A chance to socialise
Our monthly club nights are a casual, relaxed setting for meeting and socialising with other club members.
Many long term friendships have been made. Visitors are always made to feel welcome.
6. You’ll be helping protect our wild places
At Koonung Bushwalking Club you can also join our Conservation activities.